Tuesday 5 May 2015

Sounds|Extended Practice

I keep making same mistake, leaving sound editing to myself. This time round my main concern with collaborating with sound designer/composer was the fear the they might decide to drop from project midway or I might be unable to provide them with enough content. Also attending meetings with little baby could be difficult. So I've decided to take care of the sound myself.
As usual, I visited www.findsounds.com first but then moved onto http://www.freesfx.co.uk as their sound library matched my project a bit more. As a main track I've decided to use a orchestral score title Loire.It's a really good piece, starts quite calm and then tension rises. Actually it works really well, almost giving an illusion that this animation was made under it's influence.
After adding my main sound I moved onto ambient and atmosphere. Little sounds, like birds tweeting, water, wind can make enourmous difference and add a lot to the piece. I tried to keep those sounds subtle so they don't overshadow the main score.
At the end I also added a growling sound for the Vodyanoy and scream for Boy and Girl. Those are still place holder sounds as I'm going to work more on it before final year show.

No comments:

Post a Comment