Monday 18 May 2015

Searching for Work|PPP3

I have to admit - I've been quite lucky so far, because all the small jobs that was offered to me came from various websites I've been posting my work on. There was no need for me to ask or search for work. However, I still liked to check sites such as Behance, Deviantart, Artstation and Conceptart.org for job offers. On twitter I follow 'animation jobs' which tweets daily at least couple of animation related positions available worldwide.
I feel like my skillset is quite broad, as I can do concept art, illustration, asset design and storyboards. My style is indeed quite cartoony but I'm always open to the possible challenges. There are still many things that I need to improve and I work hard everyday on becoming better.
As for the job offers - most studios expect at least 3 years of experience and some ask to have at least one released title. Of course good technical knowledge is a must. On the other side, degree is not a necessity, compare to the strong portfolio. I haven't applied for any concept art related jobs anywhere, but I'm planning on doing so after graduating.

No comments:

Post a Comment