Wednesday 15 April 2015

Puppet Rig|Extended Practice

One of the important moments in my animation is the scene showing fern flower blooms. When designing fern flower I had to take a possible ways to animate it into an account. Since chopping it into parts and adding pins didn't sound right I decided to keep it simple and use puppet tool to animate it.
Each leaf is a separate layer in Photoshop - to animate the movement I just had to move anchor point to the bottom of the drawing. For the flower I used few puppet pins and set keyframes on those. In intial design fern flower stalk is kept straight, which allowed me to manipulate it a lot without destroying it.
For this particular scene I had to bend flower first and hide it behind the leaves. Then I animate it unfolding, which was a pretty straight foward task as I already had some experience with using puppet tool and pins.

I'm pretty happy with this scene. After completing all animations I've added a 'glow' filter to make the scene feel a bit more magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment