Saturday 5 January 2013

polish animators

This is the first blog post from the little series I'm planning on making :). I've decided to introduce you to some amazing artists from Poland that are involved in animation and you may have never heard about before.


First video I would like to share with you is 'Paths of Hate' by Damian Nenow. Some of you may already come across the name 'Platige Image' (Tomek Baginski and his Fallen Art anyone? or maybe intros from The Witcher game?).


Paths of hate website

 I need to admit that I've been waiting for full version of Paths of Hate for a really long time. I saw short, trailer version few years ago and instantly fell in love with. Even though war settings are my cup of tea I can admire beautiful animation, deep story, music, dynamic shots. And more dynamic shots. Moreover I love how stylized this animation is - thick lines, comic book feel, good choice of color pallette. Also those little details like photograph or rosary gives that extra something.
  • long 'Making of'/breakdowns:


 -----
Second video is much more relaxed and funny :) Animated by Box Production and illustrated by Grzegorz Przybys.
This is an alternative story of Wroclaw, one of the oldest cities in Poland. And well, it got some aliens in it, which is always a good thing :) Also I'm pretty sure that you don't need to know polish to understand whats going on (I found a version with subtitles.. but still it's not the same).

Full video with english subtitles

Behance profile

I'm love this music clip so much - it is actually a moving, 3D comic book! Simply I can't be more awesome than that. This is something I really would love to do in the future, probably as a little personal project.
 
 Some lovely storyboards above :)
  -----
The last video I want to share with you comes from Marcin Krolewski who was Director/Art Director in this production. Behance portfolio



What I really like about this music video is definately charming characters and great story. Moreover everything is so colourful and smoothly animated. It have a nice 2D feel, very stylized and cartoony, also transformation scenes are very dynamic and cool.
This video was created in 3d Studio Max11, AfterEffects CS4, Fume FX and Thinking Particles






There're also 'Making of' videos on YT which are really interesting and exlain a lot of production processes.


No comments:

Post a Comment